Agrosavia Sabanera is a new variety of Guinea grass, which serves as forage for cattle, beef or dairy. Ideal for use in grazing, under a rotational paddock system for medium to good fertility soils, that are well drained.
High Performance in dry season
• Carrying capacity potential of up to 4 LSU/ha/year (LSU - large stock units)
• Average weight gain with 4 LSU/ha = 725 g/LSU/day
• Average meat production with 4 LSU/ha = 1 058.5 kg/ha/year.
• Milk production: 9.4 ℓ/LSU/day.
• Agrosavia Sabanera has a higher gross dry matter production, generating higher profits than Mombaca
• Nutritional quality at 21 days or regrowth - crude protein: 13.3% and digestibility: 60.7%
Agrosavia Sabanera can be used for cutting and carrying systems, silage, haymaking, and for direct grazing. It usually takes 3-4 months to reach first grazing. It is recommended to manage grazing in a rotational system, in which the period of occupation is not more than three days, and the rest period is 21-24 days. There should be a minimum residual of 10-15 cm, allowing recovery of the pasture to be rapid.