BAR ST is a highly winter active variety with a dormancy rating of 9. Developed from elite germplasm from the USA and Argentina, it provides excellent forage quality, performance and persistence. BAR ST offers improved salt tolerance for germinating seedlings over other traditional lucerne varieties. This allows for potentially better establishment in regions where moderate salt levels can limit plant establishment.
• Dormancy 9 winter activity rating
• Salt tolerance demonstrated in establishing lucerne
• Strong plant vigour and establishment
• Highly resistant to fusarium wilt, phytophthora root rot and pea aphid
• Resistant to anthracnose
• Soil preference: light to medium and heavy, deep well drained soils
• Suitable for hay, grazing and cut & carry