Key Features & Description
- General purpose cultivar suited to dryland and irrigation
- Aurora (Medicago sativa) is a semi winter-active variety with a dormancy rating of 7.
- It produces low to moderate levels of herbage during the winter period.
- Aurora is a general purpose variety that is well-suited to either haymaking or grazing situations.
- Aurora with excellent persistence and good adaptability to either dryland or irrigated situations These attributes combine to provide good yields over a long period of time.
- All Lucerne varieties are deep-rooting and can be a useful tool in the control of rising water tables. It has an extended growing season into late spring and summer, due to its ability to access sub-soil moisture.
- It can respond rapidly to rainfall events and provide important out of season feed
during the late summer or autumn period.
Disease & Pest Resistance
- Aurora has been rated resistant to Phytophthora Root Rot and as having low resistance to Colletotrichum Crown Rot, Bacterial Wilt and Fusarium Wilt.
- Aurora has been rated highly resistant to Spotted Alfalfa Aphid and Blue-Green Aphid resistant to Stem Nematode and moderately resistant to Pea Aphid.