Arvika is suitable for producing fresh fodder, hay, and can also be used as a cover crop or green manure. High protein content ensures good feeding quality in most fodder systems. Arvika also enrich the soil with air nitrogen and is ideal for crop rotation.
- Sowing time:
- Ideal sowing time would be from end of April to mid June – moisture depending.
- Forage Peas can be susceptible to leaf and stem diseases with early establishments.
- Sowing quantities:
- Pure stand: 100 – 120kg/ha
- In mixtures: 25 – 35kg/ha
- Grows well with most forage cereals like oats, triticale and barley
- Rapid establishment
- Adaptable to most soil types – well drained
- Medium-late flowering variety
- High quality forage
- Very palatable
- Good resistance to diseases