Tiffany Teff Grass is a fine stemmed annual grass that has large crowns and numerous tillers with a shallow, massive fibrous root system and a uniform plant height at harvest maturity.
• Multiple harvests during the season
• Excellent forage quality compared to other C4 grasses
• A very palatable “soft” forage for livestock
• No prussic acid concerns
- Potential of 10 – 15 tons/ha seasonal dry hay yields
- First crop in 45-55 days and 28-35 days between subsequent cuts
- Multiple harvests during the season
- A very palatable “soft” forage for livestock
- No prussic acid concerns
Teff grass is a summer annual forage crop for livestock and commercial hay producers who often need a fast growing, high yielding crop that’s easy to grow.
Tiffany Teff Grass was one of the very best forage producers in a USA breeding program. Based on this criteria it was selected and trailed in SA with great success.
Tiffany Teff Grass is a fine stemmed annual grass. It has large crowns and numerous tillers with a shallow, massive fibrous root system and a uniform plant height at harvest maturity.
Seasonal yield can range from 5 - 15 tons of dry hay per hectare depending upon growing conditions and the number of seasonal cuttings. It’s a cost-effective crop that requires minimal pest or weed control.
Plant from late spring/early summer. Seed into a firm seed bed with a seeding depth of no deeper than 0.6cm. Cut before heading for best forage quality and leave a minimum of 10cm stubble.
Teff Grass is a fast-growing, high-yielding crop with competitive forage quality, adapted to all across South Africa for dairy, beef or horses.
The most widely grown teff variety in the U.S.