Crimson clover is an introduced winter annual and herbaceous legume. The leaves and stems of crimson clover resemble those of red clover, but the leaves are round-tipped with more hair on the stems an leaves. Seedlings grow rapidly from the crown forming a rosette.
- Soft Seeded
- Mid season maturity – approx 122 days to flowering
- Shows good early vigour & winter production
- Excellent pioneering plant, especially on acid soils
- Adapted to a large range of soil types, grows well in light soils
- Suitable for grazing fodder and green manure
- Provides large red flowers through spring